33 thoughts on “Family Dynamics

1. Ursula Kurz

I see little Anneli being very unhappy. The mother cares and the brother and his other sister seem to enjoy the situation a lot. ? ? ?

So, my first thought was that couldn’t be sweet, little Anneli crying. Could it? Then I read the comments and got my answer. Second thought was how it is a sweet, well-preserved photo of an attractive family. Next, I noticed the old house in the background and how rural the area looks. Then I thought that the girl sitting had a baby doll in front of her, but on closer inspection saw that it was a real baby.

3. Peter Klopp

This could easily be a family photo of some hundred years ago. The little kid has been teased to tears and needs some comforting words. Very authentic picture with the homestead in the background… Hope to see more comments for this photo, Anneli!

4. deepasthoughts

Such a retro pic. I thought the lil girl just had a race with her big bro and did not like being defeated by him. So he is all smiles and she is sad that he won this time too. The oldest and the youngest kids seem like just observers in the whole scheme of things. Mom however is trying to comfort the girl so that they could probably pose for a pic together.
    Lol i can write a whole story about it.. πŸ™‚

I don’t know why she was crying, but our mother always made little funny comments to lighten up the mood. Older brother was just doing what they always do. Teasing and poking fun at his sisters whenever the opportunity presented itself. πŸ™‚ I must say, the baby in Anneli’s arms does appear to be a lovely child, doesn’t she?

6. Lynette d'Arty-Cross

Child in the middle: I’ve peed my pants again! I’ll never learn the toilet!
    Boy on left: Haha! Serves you right! You stole my cookie!
    Girl on right: Yeah – serves you right!
    Mom in the middle: Has anybody got a cold cloth or a gin and tonic?
    πŸ™‚