At last, at last, at last! I’ve finished the fish placemats after working on them for weeks. After sewing strips together to represent the pebbly ocean floor and the sea, I had to cut out shapes for seaweed, rocks, various kinds of imaginary fish, and a few turtles thrown into the mix.
These all had to be ironed on with “Heat and Bond” and then sewn into place with a small blanket stitch.
Then the batting and backing were put on and the quilting began.
Today I finished the binding around the edges.
There is a set of four, with a darker ocean floor, and a set of six with a lighter floor.
Don’t look too closely. There are mistakes all over the place, but after the first blob of gravy drops on the placemats, that won’t matter anymore.